The Roll Off Roof Observatory (RORO)
The Adirondack Public Observatory's Roll Off Roof Observatory (RORO) is open for public stargazing. Please check Facebook for current observing notices and cancellations.
- Summer Schedule: From Memorial Day through Labor Day stargazing takes place every Friday, weather permitting. Stargazing begins about ½ hour after sunset. There is no charge!
- Winter Schedule: From Labor Day through Memorial Day, stargazing takes place on the 1st and 3rd Friday evening of each month, weather permitting. Stargazing begins about ½ hour after sunset. There is no charge!
- Book a Private Session: Private viewing sessions can be arranged for $150 for up to 20 people. Contact the APO for details.
178 Big Wolf Road, Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Directions to the Observatory from Main Street (Rt. 3):
- Turn onto Washington Street and drive 0.6 miles.
- Turn left onto Coney Beach Avenue, which turns into Little Wolf Road.
- After about 0.3 miles, continue straight up the hill onto Big Wolf Road.
- The observatory entrance will be on your left.